Archived Vacancy Details
Organisation: Food and Drink Federation
Location: Covent Garden, London WC2B
Job Type: Contract
Business Area: Public Affairs
Application Deadline: 30.01.2009
Reference No: 12/09
Six months fixed-term contract.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will need to build relationships with external technical experts, opinion formers, parliamentarians, policy think-tanks, other trade bodies and NGOs.
- Excellent communicator and network builder. Experience of managing teams and PA projects; in particular: a proven track record of having developed strategy from scratch and delivered results; a good understanding of food issues
- Public affairs experience appropriate for the position, ideally having worked for both a corporate organisation and agency. Experience of the food industry would be useful, as would knowledge of the FDF.
- Developing a positive PA strategy for FDF (combining both proactive and reactive elements)
- Monitoring activities in Westminster to ensure our voice is heard (early) on any key issues
- Understanding which parliamentarians should be taking an interest in food industry matters
- Building relationships with parliamentarians to create a group of ‘advocates’ for the food and drink industry
- Monitoring and co-ordinating PA activities of senior FDF staff and members to ensure a common approach
- To coordinate all public speaking engagements within FDF
- Building good working relationships with PA staff at member companies
- Liaising with issues and PR managers to develop a database of independent ‘advocates’ that can be used to support our communications work
- Working with the Media Relations team to manage all key events; Cocktail Party, Presidents Dinner and Awards and Parliamentary reception
- Liaising with members, Communications Divisional Managers, other FDF divisions
- Building relationships with government departments, parliamentarians, special advisors, policy think-tanks, other trade bodies and NGOs.
Applications closed on 30 January 2009