Archived Vacancy Details
Organisation: Money Advice Trust
Salary: £30,000 per annum plus benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Business Area: Public Affairs, Media & Communications
Application Deadline: 19.04.2010
Reference No: 59/10
A vacancy has arisen for a Public Affairs Officer based in London. Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will be the principal contact point for parliamentarians and their staff with enquiries on money advice issues through written correspondence, telephone and e-mail.
- Assist in implementing a communications programme to help raise the profile of MAT.
- Prepare briefings for parliamentary debates and related activity.
- Build a presence for the Trust at the party conferences.
- Assist with the management of events, meetings and launches.
- Build good relationships with stakeholders across Government and Parliament, including Select Committees and All Party Groups, business, think tanks, voluntary sector and other key groups.
- Monitor developments in Parliament and wider public policy arena and keep up-to-date with current issues and public opinions.
- Prepare briefings and speaking notes for MAT staff.
- Develop and co-ordinate internal communications.
- Develop and implement MAT’s public affairs strategy.
- Help identify opportunities to raise the profile of MAT and its work.
With first class oral and written communication skills, you will possess a proven ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels. You will have an excellent knowledge of Parliamentary procedure (Westminster) and an understanding of the function of devolved institutions, workings of Government Departments and structures of political parties. With a willingness to work across all four administrations of the UK and to keep abreast of developments in the EU, GLA and Local Government, you will possess experience of working with third party organisations. If you also possess experience of dealing with the media, this would be beneficial but not essential.
Applications closed on 19 April 2010