Politicians make decisions that impact on businesses, charities and other organisations on a daily basis – some positive, some less so. Many organisations have no strategy for dealing with or interacting with politicians, and only turn to public affairs when they face a crisis. The most effective organisations play an active role in the political world, building alliances and promoting their issues. This course will explore the strategies and approaches available to communications professionals who want to run a campaign designed to influence the political agenda.
Event Type: Webinar
Places available: 50
Trainer: Nickie Aiken MPRCA
How attendees will benefit
Delegates will get an detailed understanding of how to shape the political agenda so at the end they will understand:
- what different strategies and tactics are available to them, when they are most appropriate and the benefits of using them
- the structures and institutions, how they work, who are the key audiences to target
- examples of effective political campaigns, the key lessons to learn and what to avoid
Who should attend
This course provides attendees with the skills to put together and run a successful campaign and engage with political decision makers. It is for consultants and in-house lobbyists who want to improve their public affairs and campaigning skills.
What attendees will learn
- Why try and engage the political agenda?
- Examples of effective campaigns in the political world
- Planning your campaign strategy
- Understanding your audience and targeting the influencers
- Different tactics to engage the political agenda
- The common hazards to avoid
- The Political Checklist
What materials attendees will receive
Attendees will receive the comprehensive course presentation which includes case studies and links to free sources of further information.