WA is recruiting a new Account Executive to support its continuing success and make an outstanding start to their career.
Our public affairs and strategic communications consultancy has grown more than 20% year-on-year over the last three years. In that time our team has doubled to 25 consultants with impressive and varied backgrounds, winning new clients in a range of sectors.
We are looking for an Account Executive who is enterprising, curious, committed to achieving their best, and eager to join a friendly and dynamic team.
The right candidate will ideally have some experience of working within a public affairs or communications consultancy, or in an in-house public affairs role.
Qualities that we value are:
- A first-class understanding of UK politics and government, and an interest in business and media;
- An ability to analyse, summarise and communicate about complex policy and business issues;
- A client-centric attitude that prizes accessibility, responsiveness and quality;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills;
- Organisation, efficiency and attention to detail;
- An ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Intellectual curiosity.
The role will see you completely immersed in our client work, as well as helping-out with our marketing and new business activity.
- Implement cutting-edge public affairs and communications programmes for clients;
- Conduct detailed policy research and analysis;
- Draft materials such as briefings, presentations, reports and thought leadership;
- Organise events such as parliamentary receptions;
- Build a network of political and business contacts;
- Provide some administrative support on client teams;
- Assist WA marketing and new business efforts;
- Work with everyone in the business, from our intern to our Managing Director.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer:
- Starting salary significantly above industry averages (£25,000), strong salary growth, and involvement in our company bonus scheme;
- A tailored package of training that will immerse you in the world of public affairs and communications consultancy, ensuring you develop significantly, in your first year and beyond;
- A lively, open and honest working culture, in which all our people are valued, listened to, and encouraged to generate ideas and opportunities;
- A wide range of employee benefits, including a competitive pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loans and more.