Westbourne is an integrated communications agency based in the heart of London. We offer a full range of services including public affairs, media relations, and stakeholder engagement.
Westbourne is seeking an enthusiastic new Account Executive for our London office. We’re looking for a talented communications professional, who has an interest in national and local government and an interest in the planning and development process.
- Drafting monitoring reports;
- Tracking political developments, media relations issues and topical day-to-day current affairs issues that impact the business of our clients;
- Producing analysis of Parliamentary and public policy issues;
- Monitoring of local government activity, planning committee meetings and so on;
- Research into issues and personalities on specific development sites;
- Visits to project sites for research and community engagement purposes;
- Media monitoring and analysis on project sites;
- General administration of individual projects;
- Research into potential sales leads;
- Organising and providing support at events, including public exhibitions;
- Compiling guest lists and producing mailings.
Required skills and experience
- University graduate (2.1 or higher) from a top-tier university, ideally with a focus on politics or public policy;
- Experience in communications at an agency, Parliament, local government, a think tank or a campaign organisation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Research and analysis experience of political or policy issues;
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills;
- A strong work ethic, determination to excel and great interpersonal skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Previous experience of political campaigning and of local government;
- Previous experience or interest in housing and the development industry;
- An interest in social media as a tool for engagement.