Newington (formerly Bellenden) is a multi-award winning public and corporate affairs agency. We have grown into the fifth biggest public affairs consultancy in the UK and created one of the strongest and most dynamic communications offers of its kind, with more than 40 consultants operating out of our offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Chelmsford.
It is our job to alert clients to issues that might impact their businesses and to help represent their interests at a local, national and European level. And we’re very good at it – we consistently deliver the outcomes that our clients want through strategic thinking, commercial awareness and creativity.
In 2016 Newington joined a growing partnership of independently run communications consultancies operating across Europe and internationally.
Our sustained growth is due to our strong emphasis on client care and ethics. We adhere to and strongly support the APPC and PRCA industry codes of conduct, and we are signatories of the Statutory Register of Consultancy Lobbyists and the EU Transparency Register.
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Account Executive to join our national public affairs team in London. Experience of working in the education, finance or transport sectors would be advantageous, but not essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be graduate level or equivalent;
- Have experience working in the fields of politics, policy or communications;
- Demonstrate good communication skills;
- Have good research and organisational skills;
- Possess a professional eye for detail;
- Be a friendly and enthusiastic team player;
- Have the ability to think clearly, rise to challenges and solve problems;
- Have a knowledge of and enthusiasm for business and politics;
- Have a knowledge of the education, finance or transport sectors, although this is not essential.
The role will involve:
- Producing monitoring reports for clients;
- Research and analysis;
- Attending client meetings;
- Engaging with stakeholders;
- Organising events;
- Supporting the team on multiple client accounts;
- Pro-actively identifying potential new business opportunities and contributing to new business research;
- Demonstrating well-grounded policy knowledge in specific areas which are of relevance to the client accounts you work on;
- Producing concise and high quality written briefings and reports.
What we offer
- £22,000 - £25,000 annual salary, depending on experience;
- Annual bonus;
- Opportunities to earn new business bonuses;
- A highly ethical and supportive work culture;
- Strong commitment to your professional development with regular training, a mentoring programme, a detailed half-yearly review process and weekly professional development catch ups with your line manager.