Our client is looking for someone to support the Code of Conduct Manager by studying complaints received and support the Legal department with phone and email queries.
- support the Code of Conduct Manager by studying complaints received in connection with the Code of Conduct and deciding if further investigation leading to possible enforcement action needs to be taken;
- carry out investigations in accordance with the Code of Conduct and follow relevant enforcement processes;
- contribute to the analysis of the effectiveness of the Code of Conduct by reviewing Members’ trading practices through monitoring and other processes;
- present reports and enforcement matters to the Code of Conduct Committee;
- support the Legal Department by assisting with phone and email queries from Members on the Code, Customer Support processes and travel law matters;
- prepare and deliver presentations to Members and other stakeholders on ABTA’s Code of Conduct and Customer Support processes;
- attend such meetings and travel trade events as are necessary for the proper fulfilment of the role;
- provide support as necessary to the Customer Support Team. This can include answering phone calls and advising consumers and Members on how to resolve disputes;
- undertake any other reasonable task that may be requested by the Director of Legal Affairs, Senior Solicitor, Code of Conduct Manager or Senior Manager Customer Support and to work as part of a team assisting staff within the Legal Department as necessary.
- A high standard of literacy and excellent communication skills;
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters whether in the travel industry or other sector;
- An ability to analyse information and identify the key points;
- Willingness to learn travel law;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- An ability to represent our client to, and engage effectively with, key stakeholders, including senior level personnel;
- Good presentation skills;
- Time management and organisation.