Orbit, one of Scotland’s leading integrated PR, public affairs and design agencies, is offering this exciting position as part of its internship programme.
The salaried internship role is available for immediate start and is proposed to be full time for a fixed period of 3 months.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure good client relations through regular contact and updates;
- Conduct background research to support clients’ communications objectives;
- Carry out media and political monitoring and issuing daily bulletins to clients;
- Draft copy for news releases, comment articles, policy submissions and reports;
- Plan, implement and update contact schedules on clients’ behalf;
- Have capabilities to undertake social media activity for clients and design capabilities;
- Manage relationships with journalists and the media on clients’ behalf;
- Manage subcontractors and associated budgets for the provision of PR support services – printing, design, polling etc;
- Organise and attend events on behalf of clients;
- Respond to press and public inquiries on behalf of clients;
- Creating and maintaining contact databases, activity schedules, briefings and other core materials for clients.
- A full, driving licence for driving in the UK is preferred;
- The job offer will be subject to the satisfactory acceptance of pre-employment checks.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the Scottish and UK media and political landscapes;
- Previous agency experienced preferred but not essential;
- A motivated self-starter who will undertake an active client-facing role. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to understand new, often complex, issues quickly and work with a small team to communicate how that might impact on clients and what actions they should take as a result;
- As well as being an excellent team player, the successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with clients and external stakeholders alike.
The role is available for immediate start and is proposed to be full time for a fixed period of 3 months.
What we offer:
- Equivalent annual salary of £17,316 (37 hours per week), pro rata for 3 months fixed term contract;
- An excellent opportunity to acquire in-depth experience of working with clients across a broad range of sectors;
- A stimulating and supportive work environment, working with a friendly and dynamic team.