Aequitas Consulting is an award-winning international political and communications consultancy headquartered in London. We believe in the power of words and ideas to transform lives and work with visionary leaders around the world.
We are seeking a junior consultant to provide day-to-day research support on a range of client accounts and to manage client projects as part of our growing team.
- Day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (e.g. summary reports, press releases, credentials, proposals);
- Media monitoring and analysis on client issues;
- In-depth research and analysis to support account teams to provide insight and recommendations for client strategies and activity;
- Engagement with journalists and policy institutions;
- Prepare client reports, supporting documentation, meeting notes and research briefs
- Coordinate client meetings and events;
- Proof-read, format and edit the work of colleagues;
- Project administration of client projects including updating project plans and project trackers;
- Support in the client reporting process;
- Develop an understanding of client issues through research and monitoring of relevant issues, the media and international policy debates.
- Support with research, analysis and the development of proposals for new business leads;
- Contribute to development of new business database and lead identification;
- Remain up to date with policy and news updates that may affect the company.
- Support the business manager with administrative tasks including preparation, note-taking and minutes of team meetings;
- Answer office telephones and act as first point of call for incoming enquiries.
- Undergraduate degree in International Relations, Development Studies, African studies or similar;
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, office environment;
- Excellent research and written skills;
- Demonstrable interest in current affairs, public policy and international politics;
- Desire to be part of a small but growing team and take the lead on new tasks;
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office;
- Proactive, can-do attitude;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Punctuality and professionalism.
- Experience working in African markets with development and/or related political issues
- Ability to project manage;
- Previous engagement with/understanding of the media;
- Experience working in a consulting environment.