The Creative Industries Federation is the national organisation for the UK’s creative industries, cultural education and arts, providing an authoritative voice in a way never done before.
The creative industries are the fastest growing sector of the UK economy spanning advertising, architecture, and heritage to video games, performance, and publishing. They are worth £91.8bn GVA - more than oil and gas, life sciences, automotive and aerospace industries combined.
We are entirely independent. Our revenues - and our strength - come from more than 1,000 companies, organisations, institutions and individual practitioners, working in every part of the creative industries - commercial and publicly-supported - as well as in the education system that supports them all.
We work with our members in towns and cities nationwide to strengthen the voice of the UK's creative industries, advocate sector priorities, convene our network with thought leaders, politicians, and practitioners, and deliver practical services to support our creative community.
Overview of Role:
To provide administrative support to the events and policy, research and advocacy (PRA) teams, reporting to and managed by the head of events. Time will be split between the two teams, with approximately 3 days per week for events and 2 days per week for PRA, with workload to be monitored by the line-manager.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Events team duties 50% of role
- Process event bookings, send confirmations and manage attendance lists;
- Prepare event materials to include badges, tent cards, guest lists etc;
- Prepare event briefings;
- Assist on site at events to include managing registration, event set-up, mic running etc;
- Undertake event research to include content and marketing;
- Assist in closing down the event to include updating cancellations, no-shows and walk-ins, chasing payments and invoices;
- Management of events/meetings relating to UK or International Councils to include venue finding, negotiation and control of costs, delegate liaison and onsite management.
PRA team duties 50% of role
- To support the Federation's policy, research, and strategy on international to ensure that its activity is effective, authoritative, and robust. To support the senior team to ensure clear, strong, and seamless liaison;
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative research, from interviews with members and key stakeholders through to desk-based research; analysing, synthesising, and effectively communicating results that emerge from the Federation's research;
- Supporting the research, authorship and policy development of the Federation's reports where they have an international focus, for example, immigration and trade;
- Updating the Federation's research database on international work;
- Monitoring relevant international policy/research;
- Seeking international examples and models that aid the Federation's research, policy development, and advocacy priorities;
- Liaising with and managing members and key external stakeholders on the Federation's international activity, including the management of its International Council;
- Supporting the Deputy Head of Policy and Research and relevant project managers to scope and keep a record of key points of contact with members and external stakeholders;
- Supporting Executive and Head of Policy and Public Affairs in any liaison or activity with the Federation's UK Council.
- Dynamic and hardworking, ready to take on challenges as and when they occur;
- Be able to prioritise duties and think on your feet;
- Be able to work unsupervised in a busy environment;
- Ability to retain information and confidence when speaking with other organisations, funders, politicians, artists, and members of the board;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Excellent telephone and email manner;
- Intelligent and responsible social media skills;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Filing, archiving, data organisation and organisational skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Be able to multitask and be an excellent problem solver;
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.