We are looking for a confident, proactive, service-focused Policy Assistant to join our General Insurance team.
Reporting to the Manager, Fraud and Financial Crime, your job is to provide essential support to the team’s work in undertaking policy analysis and influencing general insurance issues. This covers anything from property, motor, liability insurance and health, to fraud and financial crime and specialist lines such as travel and pet insurance.
You don’t need to have prior expertise in insurance to apply – we can support your learning and development in this area.
- Draft policy papers, consultation responses and summary documents to a high standard;
- Prepare responses to enquiries and correspondence from Members of Parliament, consumer groups and the public on general insurance matters;
- Collate the content for member newsletters;
- Work with Advocacy colleagues to ensure that the general insurance sections of the ABI website are kept up to date;
- Support the conference and events programme, for example the Fraud Conference, by preparing relevant conference materials and liaising with speakers;
- Prepare briefing notes and accurately record meeting minutes;
- Undertake specific project work as and when required.
We’re looking for:
This might be your first ever policy role but you’ll need to be interested in working in public policy and financial services.
Policy Assistants juggle a diverse workload and will have lots of contact with a variety people so you’ll need to be confident, happy to engage with people, quick to learn and super-efficient. We operate in an open plan and collaborative environment so team work is of the utmost importance.
In your application, we’ll be looking for a clear, well presented CV and a cover letter that gets to the heart of why you’d like the role.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a fast-moving and friendly environment at the trade association for one of the UK’s biggest, most successful industries.
The Association of British Insurers is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry.
A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation.