The British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association is the industry body for the UK private equity and venture capital industry. Our membership of over 680 firms represents the overwhelming number of UK-based private equity and venture capital firms, their advisers and investors. The BVCA has 30 years of experience representing the private equity industry to government, regulators, the media and other stakeholders in the UK, Europe and around the world.
This full time role within the BVCA is a great career start for recent graduates with a keen interest in supporting the policy work and strategy of a trade association. You will be responsible for the organisation of the BVCA Board meetings, minute taking and ensuring action points are completed to aid the progression of strategic policy initiatives. You will also support the Policy team’s Brexit-related communication and projects.
You will report to a Policy Manager and support the other team members.
- Strong academic credentials;
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with a keen attention to detail;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to draft minutes for meetings and content for publications;
- Public Affairs experience or interest is desirable.
The role in more detail
Secretariat for the Council (the BVCA Board)
- Attending meetings and taking the minutes;
- Coordinating and drafting summary reports on the BVCA’s activities;
- Following though on action points;
- Preparing and proof reading papers;
- Organising the Council Away Day (every January).
Publications & Events
- Drafting and coordinating content for the Policy team’s publications. This includes working with authors on technical content throughout the year and taking responsibility for our monthly Brexit update;
- Assistance in the organisation of the annual Tax, Legal and Regulatory Conference held in November.
Updating the BVCA website
- Managing the Policy pages, ensuring they are up to date and uploading new documents and submissions from the Policy team.