The UK’s leading property trade body is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Policy Intern to join its small, but hugely effective team.
Acting on behalf of the biggest property companies, institutional investors, fund managers, investment banks and the professional firms that support them, the British Property Federation works with the government to ensure the industry’s importance to the economy is understood, and its voice is heard.
Reporting into the Senior Policy Officer and Head of Regional Policy, as an intern you will enjoy a range of responsibilities including engaging with BPF members and government officials, and communicating the organisation’s views and work to a range of audiences across the country. The BPF is working to raise its profile outside London and this role will in particular support policy work on issues of regional growth and devolution as well as wider real estate policy.
- Working with the BPF regional team to support the development of regional policy work, including undertaking research on the scope of new powers for elected mayors and the impact on real estate;
- Supporting the secretariat of a range of BPF Policy Committees – organising meetings, preparing agendas and papers, and writing minutes;
- Monitoring and analysing sources of relevant real estate policy information;
- Investigate opportunities for the BPF to expand its regional presence in different cities;
- Keeping members informed of issues via written and oral briefings;
- Organise events on specific policy areas;
- Contribute to the work of the BPF Communications team by writing blogs, drafting press releases etc.
To succeed, you will need to have excellent analytical and communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail and an interest in, and broad understanding of the political process.
In return, we are offering a competitive salary of £20,000 (pro-rata) and excellent benefits: pension scheme, 25 days holiday (pro-rata).