This is a new role to increase the impact of Association of Medical Research Charities’ (AMRC) public affairs work, supporting the policy and public affairs team and engaging with our members to coordinate effective public affairs and media responses.
The AMRC is the national membership organisation for the health and medical research charity world, influencing the policy and research environments by harnessing the collective strengths of our members to demonstrate the sector’s positive impact on health and wellbeing.
We work with a range of opinion formers in the government, industry and academia, to ensure the best possible environment for health and medical research charities in the UK, so patients benefit from the fruits of research.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Delivering public affairs activities to increase AMRC’s policy impact;
- Coordinating the APPG on Medical Research;
- Supporting the medical research charity sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- You will be highly-organised, educated to degree level with ability for grasping and communicating complex issues;
- You will need to be self-disciplined, adaptable and able to thrive in a busy environment with lots of challenges;
- Experience and understanding of the role of medical research charities and the biomedical research environment in the UK are desirable, but not essential.
This job may suit someone with experience of the UK parliament, looking to rapidly develop their skills and experience in policy and public affairs.