The NHS Confederation is looking for a part-time public affairs officer to support our public affairs team, which is part of our new communications and commercial services directorate.
Who are we?
The NHS Confederation is the authentic voice of NHS leadership. We are the only membership body that brings together, and speaks on behalf of, the whole health and care system.
About the role
The public affairs officer will provide support to the public affairs team, chief executive’s office and the networked organisations of the NHS Confederation. The position is part time (22 hours per week). The post holder will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and delivery of our overall stakeholder engagement strategy and leading on direct contact with stakeholders;
- Providing briefings for senior NHS Confederation colleagues;
- Providing timely expertise and support to the CEO and networked organisations;
- Working closely with other colleagues in the CEO’s Office to ensure our influencing work is based on research and intelligence.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who:
- are educated to degree level or equivalent;
- ideally, have some prior experience of working in a public affairs, policy, campaigns or parliamentary environment, however we would also consider candidates looking to gain experience;
- have excellent written and oral communications skills and good knowledge of politics, public affairs and the workings of parliament;
- have well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills;
- are looking for flexible, part-time work;
- ideally, have knowledge of major health policy issues.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge on a wide-range of health-related areas, including mental health, commissioning, Brexit, the role of the third and private sector, social care, workforce, community health, primary care, finance and leadership.