NLGN is an independent think tank and collaborative network of around 50 organisations from the public and private sector united by a belief in innovation and creativity. We connect members of the network to each other through our events programme and research work.
We are offering a 12-week internship of 21 hrs/week at London Living Wage. There is some flexibility with regards to working hours, but ideally interns would work 3 consecutive days a week, from 10am – 5pm.
NLGN’s research sets the terms of debate for the big conversations across local government and the public sector. This internship is designed for candidates to gain experience of the think tank environment and contribute to applied research and policy-making. Through our extensive events programme, interns will also have the opportunity to network with policy makers.
Ideally, we are looking for graduates with a background in, or demonstrable aptitude for, policy research and an interest in contributing to innovative policy solutions.
Skills and experience required:
- A strong academic background and preferably a master’s degree;
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Ability to work on different tasks and in a fast-paced environment;
- Good attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Keen to help develop innovative public policy ideas;
- Interest in local government.