Based in Parliament, the Parliamentary Research Service (PRS) is a pooled research facility working for over 150 Labour MPs. The PRS provides information and research for its members in support of their parliamentary duties.
The PRS is looking for a Researcher to produce briefings and research materials. Excellent writing and research skills, and attention to detail, are essential together with an ability to produce high quality, accurate materials, often to tight deadlines.
Key duties of the role include:
- Reacting quickly to members' requests;
- Working with other researchers to produce well-written and accurately researched copy and briefing materials.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate in their application:
- Good understanding of the UK Parliament;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Accurate and thorough research skills;
- Good personal organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines, both individually and as part of a team;
- Strong IT skills;
- Experience in a similar role is an advantage.