Nudge Factory is a Public and Corporate Affairs consultancy based in Croydon, Greater London. We use our experience to assist clients to influence policy and opinion. From local communities to Parliament and from town halls to Whitehall, our bespoke strategies help some of the biggest names in the corporate world to win hearts and minds.
Our expertise spans five practices and provides corporate affairs support for our clients in all areas of their businesses. From strategic public affairs or campaigns advice to social value and CSR, and from local planning support and managing public consultations to providing national political and policy intelligence, we provide first class services for a broad range of businesses.
We are looking for an energetic highly-organised Senior Associate to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be confident, presentable, articulate, and be able to demonstrate a keen interest in politics and public affairs, both national and local government, as well as possessing a creative approach to problem solving. They will be working across all of our practices. Longer term, the candidate will be able to specialise in their area of expertise as they grow in the role and progress in the company.
The candidate will be equally comfortable providing research support to our senior team and dealing directly with clients. Our work takes us from FTSE 100 firms to local community groups and everything in between, so the candidate who fills this role will need to be able to adapt to the unique needs and demands of all our clients to make sure they get the level and type of service they require. Often our work takes us out of the office to deliver public consultations, exhibitions and events; so, a willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get involved is also a must.
- Client relationship management, day-to-day support of client accounts, client liaison and active participation in client meetings;
- Organising and hands-on delivery of events (e.g. setting up consultations);
- Supporting new business development including attending networking events, putting together and delivering pitches;
- Creating and implementing Public Affairs, PR and communications strategies and liaising with political, media and community stakeholders.
- Searching for and retrieving information from paper-based sources, the internet and online databases;
- Undertaking political research and analysis (writing briefings, blogs, articles, reports and speeches);
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative data;
- Assisting in the promotion of the work and reputation of the company to national, regional and Local Government.
- Providing strategic input, research, logistical and organisational support to senior staff;
- Providing administrative and other support as required.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of the political, media and business landscape in the UK;
- An understanding of the UK property and construction sector and knowledge of the development control/planning process;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Ambition and the ability to learn ‘on the job’;
- Excellent interpersonal and strong networking skills;
- Initiative, tact and discretion;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without compromising quality;
- Previous experience in a consultancy or other relevant working environments;
- Exceptional skills to build clients relationships efficiently;
- Strong personality with a confident approach.