Job Vacancy Details
Organisation: Ellwood & Atfield
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job Type: Permanent
Business Area: Public Affairs, Media & Communications, Policy
Application Deadline: 17.08.2012
Reference No: NB/CPM/PubAffairs
Our client is a trade association representing organisations helping homeowners. They have recently revised the organisation and they have an opening for a second in command.
- Liaise with members to secure those with expertise and knowledge to attend and contribute to working groups on specific areas, i.e. PR/PA, Fraud, Governance and Legal;
- Represent the views of members at meetings with key stakeholders, e.g Government, FSA, professional bodies, other trade associations etc.;
- Analyse legislation and consultation papers, and assist in the drafting of responses to briefings to members, officials in Government Departments and the FSA, and other correspondence;
- Co-ordinate working group meetings, prepare agenda papers, prepare minutes and undertake follow-up action as directed by the Director General or as a result of working group meeting;
- Undertake research on relevant topics.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good communication skills for use in meetings and presentations, including experience of chairing meetings and writing minutes;
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, word and project management tools;
- Self-motivation and ability to work alone;
- Effective time-management skills and ability to manage own workload.
You will have worked either in a trade association or the civil service preferably in financial services or housing.
Flexible - Full time or Part time.
For further details please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref NB/CPM/PubAffairs.