Leading Integrated Communications Consultancy.
Our client is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial public affairs professional with experience in EU policy and public affairs to lead teams based in London and Brussels. Clients are predominantly in the Tech and Financial Services sector but there will be scope for growth in additional sectors pertaining to the busy EU legislative landscape.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing critical support to the Executive Director of the EU Public Affairs team;
- Taking an active role in developing and winning new business. Playing a key role in pitches, identifying and converting prospective new business targets;
- Provide senior counsel to clients, taking full responsibility for managing your account handling teams and account delivery;
- Developing and managing strategic and creative public affairs campaigns (legislative and non-legislative);
- Developing junior members of staff;
- Driving the consultancies presence both with the UK and EU.
- Proven leadership experience in a consultancy, European institution, trade association or equivalent organisation;
- Expert knowledge and experience of the EU legislative and policy landscape is essential;
- Consummate public affairs professional;
- Commercially knowledgeable with proven new business skills;
- Expert knowledge of policy and legislative issues and fully competent to consult on them;
- Experience of developing and executing complex strategic EU public affairs campaigns;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Additional language over and above English would be advantageous.