Hume Brophy is seeking an exceptional public affairs and public relations Account Manager or Senior Account Manager for its London team.
Hume Brophy is a leading international communications firm specialising in Public Relations, Investor Relations, Public Affairs, Corporate and Financial Communications with offices across Dublin, London, Brussels, Paris, Singapore, Frankfurt, Hong Kong and New York.
The ideal candidate will have both public affairs and media relations experience, and will manage day-to-day activities on a number of exciting accounts and projects across both key disciplines to support clients and deliver objectives.
Candidates should have a solid understanding of parliamentary procedure, machinery of government, and the media and PR landscape. They should understand the importance of media and policy-makers in achieving client objectives, and the ways to influence them.
Excellent writing skills and attention to detail are essential. So is the ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to deadlines.
You will support business development opportunities and marketing the company to existing and prospective clients.
You will also help ensure effective and efficient internal communications.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Play a senior role in integrated campaign planning, reporting and quality of service;
- Provide high-level strategic advice on the media and political landscapes and influencing them;
- Manage client account teams;
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of clients’ core sectors and the regulatory and political landscapes in which they operate to provide strategic counsel on strategies, messaging and tactics, and anticipate issues that could arise;
- Contribute to and cultivate business development opportunities;
- Assist in targeted marketing of the company to corporate audiences;
- Contribute positively to a happy and supportive working environment;
- Ensure effective and efficient internal communications, keeping all team members well-informed of ongoing projects, issues or risks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant relevant experience in a related field, ideally in an agency setting;
- Strong writing skills;
- An understanding of public affairs campaign strategies and tactics;
- A strong understanding of the media landscape and experience of media relations;;
- An enthusiasm for cultivating and maintaining a network of media and political contacts;
- An ability to work both as part of a team and, at times, independently;
- Knowledge or interest in the transport, aviation and energy sectors;
- An ability to be flexible and solution oriented; and
- Experience in managing social media campaigns.