We are currently working with an influential professional body in the healthcare sector who are currently seeking an Advisor to the Chair.
This is a newly created role where you will be working closely with a high profile and busy Chair, providing strategic advice and guidance on the Chair’s many responsibilities. Key activities will include:
- Providing high level strategic support to the Chair, making sure they can fulfil their duties as the political and public head of the organisation, and that they receive the support they require from across the organisation;
- Briefing and preparation of presentations on a wide variety of topics, often of a complex nature;
- Interpretation of complex policy and clinical issues across all areas of organisational business;
- Ensuring the Chair is well briefed at all times and sufficiently prepared for all meetings, co-ordinating all briefing requirements across all areas of the organisation’s business, making sure the scope of the meeting and topics is clear and quality assuring the briefs on return;
- Providing the Chair with a clear briefing of the day’s business – summarising large volumes of complex issues in a concise way to highlight the key issues which require decisions at each meeting;
- Ensuring the Chair’s programme of speaking engagements are in line with organisation’s strategic priorities, commissioning and quality assuring PowerPoint presentations and speeches from relevant senior staff or College Representatives, research material on behalf of the Chair and make sure all preparation for visits are organised by the office;
- Line management of junior members of the Executive Office.
This is a busy and fast-paced role with responsibilities that resemble those associated with a Private Secretary to a Minister of State. You will therefore operate at a senior strategic level, working closely with the Chair and providing advice, guidance and counsel to the Chair on their day to day responsibilities and engagements.
- A strong academic background to degree level or equivalent;
- Experience of working in a Chief Executive/Ministerial office or with senior elected officers in a membership-based body, in a Private Secretary or similar capacity;
- Experience of working at pace, assimilating complex information and quickly producing written material of a high standard;
- A background in policy analysis and/ or advice;
- Ability to build relationships and tailor communications style to work effectively at all levels with key external stakeholders, elected officers College staff.