Want to have a career that helps make markets work well? Interested in leading on policy development that helps consumers? Want to play a part in the big competition and consumer challenges at national and international level? Come and join the growing Policy and International team of the world-leading Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
As an Assistant Director, you will provide thought leadership and manage a team of Policy Advisors to develop and deliver policies that promote competition, both within and outside the United Kingdom, for the benefit of consumers.
Working in a collegiate manner internally, you will provide support to teams across the organisation on the application of CMA policies to case and project work, making connections between all areas of the CMA’s work. You will also represent the CMA externally with the CMA’s external stakeholders in the UK and internationally.
To be considered for this key role you will need to evidence in your application:
- Proven ability and experience in developing and delivering policy, drawing on analysis of a wide range of information;
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and secure buy-in to ideas;
- Experience of creating effective working relationships internally at all levels;
- Experience of managing coaching, motivating staff, acting as a role model to support effective working, addressing skills gaps and helping to achieve aspirations;
- Ability to successfully deliver projects working with multi-disciplinary teams and deliver results within challenging timescales, taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
We are looking for people from a diverse range of analytical, research, policy, government, regulatory, economics, and legal backgrounds.
There will be substantial opportunities to influence how the CMA and others think about markets ranging from the digital economy, to EU Exit, and reforming our approach.
Joining is an opportunity to use your skills for the public good, helping an organisation passionate about protecting consumers and keeping markets competitive.
We offer generous benefits, including an excellent pension scheme, at least 25 days leave (increasing to 30 over five years), and generous maternity/paternity leave provision. You can also take advantage of interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, our employee wellbeing programme and favourable consideration of flexible working.