The Whitehouse Consultancy is currently looking for an Associate Director to join its team.
- Overall responsibility for client accounts, establishing long term strategic approaches to client objectives and leading on the delivery of agreed strategies through delegation to team members;
- Provision of senior counsel to clients and responsibility for the development and implementation of strategic communications programmes, including media relations, reputation management, public affairs, and social media as appropriate;
- Responsibility for new business development and meeting growth targets, including oversight and development of new business strategies, taking the lead in pitches, identifying opportunities for potential clients, and growing existing accounts;
- Overall responsibility for client retention and profitably within your team structure;
- Advising and assisting the Managing Director in carrying out the company’s affairs; ensuring compliance with the law, good practice, and maintenance of high ethical standards; and providing leadership in driving forward all aspects of the business;
- Through membership of the Senior Management Team, supporting the Managing Director in the development of the company’s business plan and the setting and achievement of key targets;
- Ensuring that all aspects of the business are properly managed, including team, client relationships, budgets, assets and resources, to make best use of them and increase the company’s profitability;
- Responsibility for liaison with professional support services and external contractors;
- Advising the Managing Director on all budgetary decisions taken by the company, including training, systems and programmes used by the company in the course of its day-to-day activities;
- Any other tasks as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Demonstrable experience in a political and public policy making role in Westminster, Whitehall, think-tanks, NGOs or the private sector;
- Demonstrable experience of public and media relations, crisis communications and social media strategies;
- A thorough and extensive knowledge of the political processes in the UK and Europe;
- A demonstrable ability to devise and carry out successful political campaigns for clients from the public, private and voluntary sectors encompassing both media relations and public affairs tactics;
- Demonstrable experience in providing senior counsel to clients at senior executive and C-suite levels;
- A proven ability to retain clients over the long-term, a proven track record of winning new business and working independently and autonomously in overseeing and managing client accounts;
- A demonstrable ability to operate in a collegiate manner and provide high-level and strategic advice and counsel to the Managing Director;
- Experience of delivering relevant training to clients would be desirable.