Interel is a Global Public Affairs Consultancy specialising in strategic communications, public affairs and association management
Interel is a fast-growing and ambitious international public affairs agency with a roster of blue chip clients. With offices in seven locations and specialist partners covering more than 60 markets around the world, we combine global reach with local expertise to deliver outstanding results for our clients, wherever they operate.
Our strength lies in helping businesses and associations achieve their objectives through proactive engagement with a broad spectrum of stakeholders at all levels of influence, from politicians to grassroots campaigners.
We are now recruiting for an Associate Director with an expertise in Healthcare to provide strategic input and lead on business development and project implementation for our growing health business with a portfolio of global pharma companies, professional medical associations, health technology companies and patient groups.
- University degree or equivalent;
- Extensive professional experience in Public Affairs;
- Strong knowledge of UK health policy and good knowledge and relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Proven track record in health advocacy and public affairs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated/independent, proactive, flexible and reliable;
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks and workload;
- Experience with Zinc approval process would be favourable.
The Associate Director is responsible for the development and execution of work programmes in the public health and healthcare sector. The Associate Director will be responsible to co-ordinate business development initiatives with the Global Head of Health, the UK Managing Partner and Deputy Managing partner.
The Associate Director will report to and be accountable to the Managing Partner.
Specific tasks will include (in no particular order of importance):
- To develop at the start of each financial year a sector business plan, including fee targets, to be approved by the Board. Part of this will be a marketing plan with costed proposals;
- To develop, in line with market characteristics, the specific identity of their business sector, including identification of its USPs and positioning within the marketplace;
- To ensure that the company’s knowledge base and awareness of issues relevant to the business sector is kept up-to-date;
- To identify specific new business opportunities and deploy (in consultation with the MD and other Directors) resources as appropriate to pursue them to meet agreed fee targets;
- To undertake activity to promote the company’s profile in the sector and build its reputation as a market leader, for example attending networking events, writing articles, speaking at conferences;
- Where appropriate to lead client teams within their own sector, and, if necessary, in other sectors;
- To act as a consultant within client teams led by others;
- To contribute to the wider development and execution of Interel’s business.
The attributes and qualities that the Associate Director will need to demonstrate will include:
- Recognition as an authority in their sector, with potential to be taken seriously at the highest level within the organisations (clients, government etc) with whom they will have day-to-day contact;
- Commercial awareness, not only in terms of ability to spot emerging business opportunities, but also in terms of using internal resources to optimal effect in pursuing those opportunities;
- The ability to promote effectively the Interel brand generally and the specific sector ‘offer’ both verbally and in writing to all appropriate audiences;
- Proven ability to deliver new business wins;
- Financial awareness, including ability to identify budget requirements, manage allocated budgets, and assess realistic pricing for new business bids;
- Excellent contacts among key stakeholders for their sector;
- Relevant direct experience of working with or in the key political and public policy institutions relevant to the sector;
- Proven ability to work well and co-operatively within a small team;
- Excellent understanding of relevant political and public policy processes and how to engage with and influence them.