A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director Economic Regulation (Energy & Utilities).
- Be a key member of our well-established team, delivering high quality projects for our regulatory clients including regulatory policy design, implementation and evaluation as well as organisational change;
- Develop insightful proposals and propositions which demonstrate our market leading position;
- Develop a sound technical knowledge of at least two sectors and of the regulatory framework and policies which operate in those sectors;
- Produce compelling reports that are well drafted and concise and which address complex regulatory issues providing insight and value to our clients;
- Gather evidence by conducting interviews, surveys, evaluation and other analysis on behalf of clients and as part of our project delivery;
- The successful applicant will play a key role in our sales efforts. S/he will build and maintain effective relationships with clients and will be able to discuss the wider KPMG offering with them;
- Play a pivotal role in running projects and maintaining the client relationship with minimal supervision from Directors and Partners. S/he will have a major role in ensuring that any client work will be delivered to the highest standards in both content and form;
- Depending on the nature of the assignment, s/he will manage project teams of two to twelve people, fostering a collaborative spirit and culture of respect. S/he will maintain a positive attitude when the team is under pressure, supporting other team members when they face challenging situations.
You will have:
- Significant experience and/or qualifications in the application of regulation in the energy and utility sector in the UK;
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets, on multiple projects simultaneously, and to produce deliverables of consistently high quality;
- A postgraduate degree in Economics, or a science or mathematics based subject is highly desirable;
- Significant experience of having worked in an energy or utility company/regulator or consultancy with a regulation or operational or strategy focus;
- Experience of energy sector regulation or experience of gas, electricity, water or renewable energy sectors;
- Experience in working in small teams, often to tight deadlines, in an adversarial environment where rigor and accuracy is vital.