This Campaigns and Public Affairs role would suit an experienced public affairs professional, with a start-up mentality, looking to embed new ways of working to help make the ICE the go to place for insights on infrastructure for political decision makers.
The Campaigns and Public Affairs Manager (Maternity leave cover) will lead the development and delivery of Campaign Plans and associated activities for ICE influencing objectives at international and national level. The postholder will also be responsible for leading on the development and delivery of ICE’s Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy and support the development of these across the ICE regions.
This is a 10 month fixed term maternity leave contract position.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute forward looking campaign plans to deliver ICE policy positions and insights to key decision makers and key opinion formers, in line with overall department objectives;
- Support team effectiveness by identifying, piloting and embedding the use of the best platforms and approaches to get our policy messages across to target audiences;
- Develop ICE’s Key Decision Makers and Key Opinion Formers engagement strategy for Westminster and International and support the creation of target audience strategies for ICE regions;
- Oversee the delivery of the agreed Public Affairs Strategy; the provision of insight and analysis on political trends to inform the wider business; as well as ICE corporate affairs objectives;
- Ensure Senior ICE figures, including the Director General and President, are well briefed on all political issues as required;
- Manage, coach and develop the Public Affairs team to increase knowledge and ensure the use of best practice;
- Monitor and manage the Public Affairs budget, as well as project specific budgets, to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Strong experience within a consultancy, political or in-house Public Affairs role;
- Experience in strategy development for integrated communication campaigns;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of building relationships with senior decision makers and their offices;
- Strong line management experience;
- Strong experience in project management and budgets; writing briefings and political monitoring;
- Experience of working with Policy & Communications colleagues to develop effective campaign strategies.
ICE Group benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave;
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme;
- 24 hour employee support line;
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year’s salary;
- Interest free season ticket loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- £100 annual wellbeing allowance;
- Big Gym membership savings with the Gymflex scheme.