A leading healthcare charity are currently seeking a Campaigns & Public Affairs Manager to join their influential policy and campaigns department.
As the Campaigns & Public Affairs Manager you will be responsible for designing and delivering campaigns that will seek to influence the government’s healthcare policy agenda. This is a busy and varied role where you will optimise the use of all available communication tools to ensure campaigns reach a variety of different audiences.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing the campaigns team;
- Delivering campaigns across all four nations;
- Working closely with policy colleagues to ensure campaigns align with evidence based policy positions;
- Developing a public affairs strategy that targets key external opinion formers and decision makers in Westminster and Whitehall.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- A strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent work experience;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering policy-led campaigns using a variety of communications methodology;
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering public affairs strategies;
- Experience of line managing a team (ideally in a non-profit environment);
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to adapt style to reflect the audience;
- Demonstrable experience of using project management techniques;
- A background of working in the UK public affairs and political environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has a strong track record in influencing the healthcare policy environment to improve patient outcomes.