A leading trade association are currently seeking a Communications & Social Media Manager.
With the UK’s decision to leave the EU creating huge uncertainty across the economy, the potential barriers to immigration will have a disproportionate impact on this particular industry. This trade association is looking to influence the Brexit negotiations to ensure that the industry is given the right representation in light of the potential difficulties ahead.
The Communications & Social Media Manager will play an essential role in ensuring that the organisation is able to engage with all relevant audiences through multiple channels. They will turn policy and opinion into engaging stories, blogs, posts, thoughtful reports and other forms of original content.
The organisation is looking for a pro-active and engaging communications professional who has a good nose for a story.
Other essential requirements include:
- A strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent;
- Experience of working in a policy environment;
- Evidence of strong written communication skills with demonstrable experience of writing interesting and engaging content (possibly from a background in journalism);
- Experience of working with, or in, communications agencies;
- The ability to consider the bigger picture whilst having strong attention to detail on communication outputs;
- Demonstrable experience of optimising the use of social media to deliver messages to different audiences.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a tight-knit team who work collaboratively to deliver positive outcomes for the industry they represent.