A Consultant / Senior Consultant role in the UK team of an established political communications agency.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a talented team across a range of UK accounts, lead on client relationships, and take a proactive role in identifying and securing new business.
Whitehouse is a small, dynamic team with clients across the health, food and drink, energy and creative industries. The new Consultant or Senior Consultant would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of politics and a high level of professionalism. We’re looking for someone with demonstrable experience in public affairs, corporate communications or external relations either in agency or in-house, or with equivalent experience in government or the media.
The Whitehouse Consultancy specialises in integrated communications campaigns across public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crisis communications to engage with decision makers in Westminster, Whitehall and the devolved institutions and shape the issues agenda.
- Taking responsibility for the professional execution of public affairs, media and social media campaigns; acting as day to day client contact; devising client strategy and maintaining profitable accounts;
- Taking initiative to identify and realise new business, researching for and writing proposals and pitches;
- Contributing to Whitehouse marketing including writing blogs and articles, as well as contributing to social media and events organisation;
- Working with junior members of staff to develop their skills. Opportunities for line management of junior members of the team.
Core Competencies and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Demonstrable experience in a political, public policy or media relations role in Westminster, Whitehall, think-tanks, NGOs or the private sector;
- A demonstrable ability to devise and carry out successful political or communications campaigns for clients from the public, private and voluntary sectors;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of decision makers along with senior corporate personnel;
- Excellent writing skills. Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing;
- The ability to understand and digest complex information quickly and effectively;
- Desirable: A demonstrable ability to bring in new business.