The Legal Services Board is an independent body responsible for overseeing the regulation of lawyers in England and Wales. We regulate nine approved regulators, each of which has responsibility for the day-to-day regulation of different types of lawyers. Our goal is to modernise and improve the legal services marketplace by putting the interests of consumers at the heart of the system.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a flexible, confident and pro-active individual, with strong inter-personal skills, who wants to make a high quality contribution to a range of communications and corporate initiatives.
You will need to develop and maintain close and constructive working relationships with the Chair and the Chief Executive as one of your main responsibilities will be to provide comprehensive briefing support for their engagement with stakeholders across the entirety of the LSB’s regulatory remit.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Helping to ensure that the Chair and Chief Executive have effective medium and long term forward engagement strategies in place so that their time and internal and external relationships are managed effectively;
- Ensuring the timely commissioning and drafting of briefings and correspondence including undertaking any necessary research to inform them. You may also be asked to prepare speeches, presentations and reports;
- Supporting Board Members in their external engagement activities.
Contributing to the delivery of the LSB’s communications strategy including:
- Monitoring and reporting on relevant international developments, making necessary contacts and undertaking research as necessary;
- Ensuring that the Board’s website is well-managed and content is kept up to date;
- Contributing to the development of the LSB’s social media footprint;
- Monitoring and reporting to colleagues on new developments emerging from regulators, representative bodies and other stakeholder organisations, and building engagement.
- Deputising for the Corporate Governance Manager when necessary to include preparation of agendas and papers, attending and minuting a variety of internal and external meetings following up agreed actions and making sure they are implemented preparing corporate documents and policies.
- First-class oral and written communication skills with close attention to detail, the ability to understand data and information, to write high quality, engaging and accessible content of all kinds;
- Confident working independently and prioritising competing and complex demands;
- Experience of developing and maintaining constructive, effective and flexible working relationships internally and externally;
- Good experience of preparing briefings and correspondence and undertaking basic research;
- A personal style that enables relationships of confidence and trust to be built quickly with the most senior colleagues and stakeholders;
- Some experience of supporting a corporate office and/or committees;
- Enthusiasm, energy and commitment, with the confidence to get to grips with new areas of work using own-initiative.