BASC is the largest sporting shooting organisation in the UK, serving a growing membership of over 150,000 and a wide variety of stakeholder and public interests. It acts as a representative body for sporting shooting - fostering opportunity, safety, high standards and wildlife conservation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Director of Communications & Public Affairs. We are looking for an exceptional individual with experience, innovation and collaborative approach to join our busy Communications & Public Affairs Team.
The post holder will be accountable to the Executive Director of Communications & Public Affairs, in his absence this role will be responsible for leading and co-ordinating the departmental teams, contribution to ensure that any representational and policy issues are coordinated with the Chief Executive, Directors, head office, country and regional teams as well as Council and it’s advisory committee.
Therefore the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable senior communication experience within a professional, business or government environment;
- Experience of developing and implementing complex communication programmes to meet business targets on time and within budget;
- Experience of development and implementation of specialist communications related policy and guidance;
- Experience of working with key stakeholders;
- Experience of working with the media particularly on contentious issues;
- Leadership and able to empower staff who are highly knowledgeable in their field in an intellectually demanding working environment.