A unique opportunity to work in a leading independent international strategic communications agency as a governmental and political Director in its Bahrain office. As a Director with extensive experience in communications of managing accounts, client relationships, and managing and delegating internal work, you will have the opportunity to manage and provide direct communications support to its geopolitical clients.
- Account lead for allocated clients with overall responsibility for the account, serving as primary liaison to the client, managing Work in Progress and delegation of tasks, oversight of all briefings and documents to the client and strategy development and activation;
- Regular delivery of direct strategic communications advice and support to clients, using experience and understanding of the geopolitical landscape to inform client content and advice;
- Provide political, economic and investment analysis of current and emerging regional issues and trends;
- Responsibility for sign off on narrative and messaging, talking points and factsheets;
- Lead on the delivery of general PR tasks including press releases, media engagement, stakeholder mapping, stakeholder engagement and client research;
- Strong ability to write presentations (using tools such as PowerPoint) to a high standard – including content and appropriate design;
- Lead on production of speeches and op-eds, and producing messaging, talking points and narrative;
- Responsibility for media, stakeholder and influencer relations – identifying key media, map plan of engagement and support in cultivating relationships. With the ability to deliver sensitive briefings and manage interactions.
Leadership & Management
- Manage delegation of work to staff on the accounts which you lead whilst empowering staff and taking account of developmental needs and capacity;
- Responsibility for financial management of allocated accounts.
- Significant experience in communications; government or political experience a bonus;
- Good understanding of political dynamics and work of governments;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Leadership skills – experience of managing and developing staff;
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, PPT and Excel;
- Experience of managing client relationships;
- Analytical skills and tactical judgement;
- Strong interest of international affairs and the Middle East.
Why work here
- Work at the heart of the most high-profile (and often confidential) international strategic and geopolitical communications campaigns;
- Be part of an independent consultancy with a collegiate culture;
- Have a genuine input and impact on the business;
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to partnership;
- Tax free.