A healthcare professional body are currently seeking a Director of Policy & Programmes to lead policy development and implementation on a range of challenging healthcare policy issues.
The organisation is currently going through a period of change which has created an opportunity for the Director of Policy & Programmes to conduct a review of the organisations existing policy project outputs and seek to redesign their strategy in light of the changing priorities. The Members have an appetite for developing a more robust policy profile amongst new and existing external audiences.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- A strong academic background to degree level or equivalent;
- Extensive demonstrable background in both health policy development and implementation;
- Demonstrable track record of managing and delivering multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience of working in the UK Parliament, government, statutory authority or other government or public sector environment with an in-depth understanding of policy and political process;
- Demonstrable experience of influencing public policy;
- Strong leadership credentials with experience of developing strategy and managing teams.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your healthcare policy development and implementation experience to an organisation that has a strong desire to refresh the way in which they engage and influence health policy.