Dog’s Trust, the UK’s largest dog welfare charity, is seeking an enthusiastic and confident new European Policy Advisor to join the Public Affairs team.
As the European Policy Advisor, you will develop and implement the European Public Affairs strategy for Dogs Trust and the EU Dog & Cat Alliance, raising awareness of their policies amongst key EU opinion formers.
As the European Policy Advisor you will responsible for:
- Helping to develop and deliver Dogs Trust and the EU Dog & Cat Alliance’s strategy to improve the protection of companion animals across the EU;
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with external stakeholders including the European Parliament, the European Commission and EU Member State governments;
- Managing communications with the Alliance’s member organisations to enhance and coordinate member activities and maintain positive relationships with Alliance members;
- Identify opportunities by monitoring all EU legislation and other EU activities relating to companion animals.
As European policy advisor you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of European public affairs, including excellent knowledge of key EU institutions and the mechanisms for influencing policy;
- Experience of working with international organisations;
- Excellent oral and written English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be beneficial;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including active listening, assertiveness, flexibility, influencing and negotiating;
- An interest and sympathy for the aims of the EU Dog & Cat Alliance and Dogs Trust.