A fantastic opportunity has arisen for European Public Affairs Manager with a consumer/FMCG business.
- Monitor and analyse EU Brussels and country activities/developments. Support the team in developing a proper understanding of the political situation in specific markets, particularly following general elections or cabinet reshuffling;
- Assess together with subject matter experts from business divisions possible impacts and identify opportunities to influence policy developments and legislative processes for the benefit of the company;
- Keep the team and the businesses informed of political and regulatory developments and contribute to the drawing up of influencing strategies;
- Support the development of consolidated company responses to European consultation/policy proposals and contribute to the crafting and delivery of lobbying strategies;
- Monitor and analyse any progress achieved in the Brexit negotiations. Support the organisation’s policy and coordinating/preparatory activities in view of the UK leaving the EU in 2019. Engage with external stakeholders (public and private) to gather intelligence on positions and activities.
You will have:
- Knowledge of the Brussels environment;
- Experience in a public affairs/government relations role;
- Fluency in English and another EU language, preferably French, German or Spanish;
- Strong analytical and writing skills. Be articulate with the ability to understand large amounts of varied data, analyse and then communicate information with clarity;
- A forward-thinking mind;
- The ability to act with a high degree of credibility and confidence. Strong team player;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to network internally and externally;
- Drive and motivation.