- Are you an experienced external affairs and policy professional looking for your next challenge?
- Are you interested in influencing policy makers to ensure that the 5.4 million people in the UK with asthma have access to cutting edge technologies, best use of data, new treatments and supported self-management?
- Are you passionate about driving investment in funding for asthma research and development?
- Have you experience of developing and implementing plans for external affairs and campaign activities?
- Do you want to help achieve real change for people with asthma?
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent knowledge of the UK’s policy making processes especially decision-making in healthcare and research investment;
- Has strong attention to detail and an ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues;
- Is able to think and act strategically;
- Can build effective stakeholder relationships and use them to effect change on behalf of people with asthma;
- Can analyse the external environment and use the information to plan and adapt influencing activities;
- Can deliver campaigns and external affairs activities across platforms, including digital channels;
- Understands what makes key influencers – and the communications channels they use – tick.
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
We are committed to supplying the best possible experience to those who can benefit from our support, then translating this experience into financial support so we can continue to save lives. Our board and senior team are externally recognised for their commitment to digital innovation in achieving our mission.
What the role involves:
- Assisting the Head of Policy & External affairs to deliver Asthma UK’s policy, external affairs and campaigns strategies, plans and activities;
- Developing and maintain high-level relationships with key stakeholders and represent the charity in appropriate external for a;
- Maintaining a network of influencers and decision-makers to bring external insights and intelligence to Asthma UK’s decision making;
- Work closely with the Head of Policy & External Affairs to ensure our health policy work is effectively communicated to a range of external audiences, with a focus on key opinion leaders (clinical and non-clinical), health, health data and health technology decision-makers, civil servants and Ministers and special advisers where relevant;
- Articulate the case with decision-makers and opinion-formers for the need for investment in better technology solutions in the provision of primary care and making asthma the exemplar for supported self-management;
- Managing the External Affairs Officer.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
Salary: £38,000 - £41,000 pa, depending on experience | 35 hours per week.