I am recruiting a Head of Global Policy to join this disruptive consumer technology business in London.
The Head of Policy will be responsible for leading the development of specific policy
positions, which will entail setting strategic direction; gaining consensus and making
recommendations to the Exec Team. As well as global policy issues, the Head of Policy will
be expected to work closely with Corporate Affairs and legal colleagues in-country to help
define market-specific policy positions as necessary.
The Head of Policy will also be expected to provide high quality and considered advice to all HQ teams on public policy matters that affect them, in order to guide the development of
new products and services.
The role will include advocating on behalf of the organisation, as well as representing the
organisation at external meetings with politicians, policy makers and opinion-formers.
You will have:
- Significant experience solving complex, technical policy issues, with colleagues and external partners from a range of disciplines (e.g. legal, operational/technical, finance);
- Exceptional people skills - you will need to bring people with you as you solve cross- functional, challenging problems;
- An appetite for work. The hyper-fast pace of the business and the development of its issues means this is a big job, and the right person will be comfortable working in a dynamic environment;
- A keen understanding of European political systems and institutions, as well as politics and communications;
- An excitement which comes from being at the cutting edge of new developments in global consumer technology.