A leading business group are seeking a Head of Policy & Campaigns to lead their influencing agenda through the delivery of pro-active lobbying and campaigning initiatives that address education and skills policy issues affecting the business community in the UK.
This is a pivotal role. As the Head of Policy & Campaigns (Education & Skills) you will engage with Members to identify policy solutions that will enable industry and commerce to deliver powerful messages to the UK government on what education and skills initiatives are necessary to strengthen the UK workforce and economy.
- Lead a high performing team to develop evidence based policy outputs on education and skills policy issues;
- Identify key policy priority areas within the education and skills landscape at a national, regional and local level;
- Develop thought-leader credibility on education and skills issues, driving forward lobbying and campaigning initiatives across multiple platforms (events, media, social media, etc.);
- Developing strong relationships across a complex network of stakeholder audiences (UK government officials, think tanks, journalists, FE & HE education providers and advocates etc) to deliver robust policy messages that will influence positive change on education and skills issues.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Significant demonstrable experience in delivering policy influencing strategies across multiple channels (direct lobbying and campaigns);
- Strong background in evidence based policy development;
- Demonstrable interest, or (ideally) specific expertise, in the education and skills policy environment in the UK;
- Demonstrable experience of working on policy and campaign solutions on issues that affect business;
- Robust media contacts and the ability to leverage social media and other platforms to deliver policy messages;
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrable experience of managing teams;
- A pro-active approach to delivering public affairs and campaigns initiatives.