We are currently working with an influential, international trade association who are seeking a Head of Policy & Public Affairs to lead and deliver the organisations UK regions and nations policy and public affairs strategy.
This is a high-profile role where you will be responsible for policy issues that fall within the UK government’s industrial strategy with a local focus. Supported by a small team of policy professionals, you will:
- Develop and deliver a localised version of the government’s industrial strategy, engaging local and regional businesses;
- Develop and deliver clear, high impact, political communications and campaigns strategies on local and regional business issues utilising the organisation’s regional presence and resources;
- Ensure a motivated and effective team of policy professionals are contributing to the organisation’s regional policy development and engagement goals.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A strong background in UK policy and public affairs with a demonstrable understanding of the international and national developments in the political landscape and how they impact industry and commerce;
- Demonstrable experience of policy development and public affairs at a regional and devolved nation level;
- Knowledge of the UK policy development process;
- Demonstrable experience of lobbying and campaigning using a variety of different tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of engaging with senior political and business leaders.