We are currently working with a healthcare regulator who are recruiting for a Head of Public Affairs & Stakeholder Relations.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team, you will be responsible for developing and delivering a Whitehall and Westminster engagement and influencing strategy ensuring synergy with the organisation’s corporate objectives.
As part of the senior management team you will define the engagement strategy, identifying key parliamentary and other stakeholder audiences and developing an effective plan to build strategic relationships externally.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Positioning the organisation with the appropriate parliamentary and other stakeholder audiences;
- Providing guidance and counsel to senior leaders internally on parliamentary engagement;
- Identifying opportunities and threats to the organisation’s reputation amongst external stakeholder audiences and providing the appropriate counsel internally, providing effective solutions to mitigate any threats;
- Providing leadership and direction to a team of approx. 12 staff.
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
- A strong academic background to degree level or equivalent work experience;
- Significant, demonstrable experience in developing and delivering parliamentary engagement strategies at a senior level;
- Significant experience of integrating a broader stakeholder engagement activity into a public affairs strategy;
- Significant and demonstrable knowledge, and direct experience of, Westminster and Whitehall processes;
- An acute political antenna, which demonstrable experience of engaging effectively with parliamentarians and other senior level stakeholder groups;
- Demonstrable experience of providing management and leadership to large teams, defining objectives and ensuring performance.
This is a high profile role within an organisation that has gained prominence due to its role in the broader healthcare landscape.