A three-month contract has arisen for a Head of Regulatory Policy with an association.
The key responsibilities are:
- Policy Development: Agreeing the organisation’s policy on any issue within the Society, then presenting that policy persuasively and effectively to an external audience (e.g. through consultation responses);
- Influencing and relationship-building: There are a range of external and internal stakeholders with whom the post holder must have productive working relationships;
- Management: The post holder will lead a team of eight people, being responsible for ensuring that good quality work is by the team on time. There is also budget management.
- Ability to manage and lead a team of high calibre individuals;
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills. The confidence to cut through a lot of information and identify the key policy issues and risks;
- Strong skills in oral and written presentation;
- Managing work in a fast-paced, changing environment to deliver key priorities while responding to unexpected developments;
- Diplomacy to manage competing interests and deal with stakeholders both internally and externally tactfully and credibly;
- Resilience - the ability to deliver multiple pieces of work under pressure;
- Influencing skills.