A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Head of Research and Intelligence with a regulator.
- Work with colleagues from across the organisation to establish a research, insight and regulatory intelligence function for the organisation, to enable the organisation to understand and strengthen the impact of its regulatory activities;
- Oversee the continuing development and delivery of the organisation, evidence strategy, incorporating our approaches to data, intelligence and research, aligned to corporate priorities and enabling a wide range of proportionate and evidence-based regulatory interventions;
- Commission and deliver thoughtful and agenda setting pieces of work, working with a range of partners including think tanks and academic researchers;
- Evaluate the impact of our strategic programmes so that the learning is applied internally and externally;
- Involve stakeholders, partners, patients, professionals, colleagues, the Council and its committees (as appropriate) in the development of regulatory intelligence strategies and initiatives, ensuring that those strategies meet business needs.
You will have:
- A qualification and/or experience in the application of research methods, evaluation theory and methods;
- Demonstrable experience leading research projects, developing appropriate methodologies;
- Experience in undertaking literature searches and reviews, identifying relevant evidence, appraising its quality, and summarising the body of existing work;
- Strong time management skills, with experience working on multiple research projects at once, adapting to changing priorities, and meeting hard deadlines;
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively whilst working under pressure;
- Excellent programme and project management skills, with experience leading on research projects, quality assuring outputs and ensuring they are on time and within budget;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating the impact of upstream/preventative interventions
- Experience of working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments and in working with internal and external stakeholders and partners to achieve positive outcomes.