A national body.
- To focus on priority countries for the UK including China, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, USA & EU partners, understanding the wider political context and to enhance existing relations with organisations active in those countries and identify new opportunities for our client;
- To develop proposals for international commercial opportunities and manage their implementation as required;
- To support the Head of International Affairs in developing policies within the formal International and European standards bodies, including participating in briefing the Director of Standards Policy, Director Standards and others attending the main management committees of ISO, IEC, CEN, CENELEC etc;
- To manage the arrangements for high-level visits from overseas;
- To develop presentations and briefing collateral for the Director of Standards, Director of Standards Policy and other senior managers, on international issues;
- Refine and implement strategies in China and the ASEAN region.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent understanding of international relations and global affairs;
- An understanding of the standards development process and rules governing the development of European and international standards;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong research and financial reporting skills;
- Good cross-cultural awareness.