Founded in 2011, Nudge Factory is a Public and Corporate Affairs consultancy based in Croydon. Our expertise spans five practices and provides corporate affairs support for our clients in all areas of their businesses. From strategic public affairs or campaigns advice to social value and CSR, and from local planning support and managing public consultations to providing national political and policy intelligence, we provide first class services for a broad range of businesses.
Nudge Factory is expanding significantly and we are looking to recruit an experienced professional to lead and grow our Local Government practice, which incorporates property communications, planning and licensing. He or she would have a leading role in shaping the future direction of the practice and the company, building and managing their team, retaining and increasing business, with success rewarded through a generous profit share scheme.
- Alongside Partners of other Nudge Factory Practices, as a member of the Partners Board, the role holder will have overall responsibility for, and profitability in, Nudge Factory’s Local Government Practice;
- A general leadership role within the company, working with the Senior and Managing Partners to deliver the company’s business plan;
- Responsibility for new business development and meeting growth targets, including oversight and development of new business strategies, leading on pitches, identifying opportunities for potential clients and growing existing accounts;
- Management of delegated budgets, assets and resources;
- Feed into and assist Senior & Managing Partners with annual business planning and corporate growth plans;
- Actively take part in monthly Partners Board Meetings to report against business plan;
- Support Managing Partner in quarterly board reports;
- Recruitment and management of Local Government Practice team members to provide top-quality services to clients;
- Delegate and manage work of junior and mid-level staff including appraisals and career development.
- In-depth local government and planning-sector knowledge and expertise;
- Ambitious, with the drive to succeed and grow your practice into an industry leader;
- A proven ability to retain clients over the long-term, of winning new business, and of working independently and autonomously in overseeing and managing client accounts;
- Credibility with senior level operators in business, media and internally;
- Outstanding leadership skills and a professional management style;
- Understanding of Nudge Factory’s commitment to their clients;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, regulatory, ethical and legal issues around consultant lobbying;
- Excellent understanding of relevant policy arena;
- A thorough and extensive knowledge of the national and political processes in the UK.