I am currently recruiting for a Manager, UK Government and Regulatory Affairs for global payments and technology business. You will:
- Support development and implementation of the regulatory and public affairs strategy, including contribution to research and analysis, policy development, external and internal engagement programmes;
- Monitor the regulatory and political landscape the UK for threats and opportunities to the organisation’s business, and communicating this intelligence to locally-based business leaders, functional colleagues and global management;
- Supporting management of the organisation’s relationships with officials at key government and regulatory organisations, including regular direct communications with lawmakers, government officials, regulators, and policy makers, to enhance the organisation’s reputation and competitive position;
- Contributing to the development of informative and engaging stakeholder communications about the value of Visa and the payments industry in general, in full alignment with business priorities and global branding.
- Mid-level experience in relevant corporate position; in-house team/regulatory/ government agency; prominent consultancy;
- Proven strategic advocacy and communications skills;
- Good inter-personal and presenting abilities;
- Strong digital services and/or technology interest or knowledge of the payment industry or financial services;
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities;
- Ability to act independently and flexibly within a multi-disciplinary team;
- A relevant degree, or equivalent professional experience, in Law, Politics or Economics is desirable, but not essential.