I am currently recruiting for a Parliamentary and Stakeholder Engagement Lead at an international development financial services business in London. You will increase the organisation’s accountability to the UK Parliament by implementing a cross-party parliamentary engagement programme that communicates the impact and the thinking behind the organisation’s activities and, including:
- Managing a proactive engagement programme that includes meetings, deep dive sessions, roundtables and seminars;
- Coordinating submissions and appearances in front of Parliamentary enquiries;
- Monitoring parliamentary debates and developments in policy issues;
- Providing regular, tailored communication of activities and impact via monthly newsletters, briefings and updates;
- Implementing a proactive engagement programme that expands on existing dialogues civil society actors;
- Contributing and supporting CDC’s outreach at key international development fora e.g. UN General Assembly.
- Strong experience of UK parliamentary engagement;
- Experience in international development or financial services advantageous but other sectors will also be considered;
- Strong writing and analysis skills for the drafting of briefing materials;
- Highly organised and able to manage competing priorities;
- Proven ability to work and communicate with senior stakeholders;
- Understanding of UK government, experience of working in private office would be an advantage;
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel inside and outside of the UK.