NATS, the UK’s leading air navigation service provider handling over 2.5 million flights each year, is recruiting for a Parliamentary Communications Manager to maintain its relationship with the UK Parliament to promote our goals and business objectives.
As the organisation responsible for air traffic control services from two control centres and 14 airports in the UK, this high profile role will ensure that NATS is in touch with the UK parliamentary and legislative programme and responds and interacts appropriately.
- You will monitor and identify opportunities in the public policy arena and within the industry where NATS can build its profile and promote its importance.
- Establish a political engagement programme that will include site visits;
- Manage MP enrolment in airspace change consultation, manage MP and public expectations and help create positive responses to political and public challenge;
- Draft CEO responses to MP and other correspondence as requested; manage correspondence with politicians;
- Building relationships with politicians and policy influencers is key to this role in order to raise awareness of NATS’ expertise and export potential and create champions for the business (and the industry);
- Influence stakeholder relationships e.g. with trade bodies and pressure groups which have a bearing on our customer/commercial relationships;
- Work with the wider communications team to develop and! produce major public/customer facing documents.
Your skills and experience:
- To be successful in this role, you will ideally be educated to degree level with practical experience in political relations. Media relations experience is preferable, however significant experience in a similar role would be of interest;
- You must have a thorough understanding of UK legislative and parliamentary processes;
- Familiarity with social media and awareness of how and when to use it;
- Strong network of trade and political contacts to maximise opportunities to raise NATS’ profile;
- Sound judgement, awareness of political sensitivities that may impact NATS’ reputation and the ability to recognise and advise on both tactical and strategic response to events;
- Excellent written, editing and computer skills.
We are passionate about being an equal opportunities employer, treating all colleagues in a fair and respectful manner. We appreciate and value the diversity of our employees and the inclusive environment we work in. Having employees with a wide range of skills, knowledge, creativity, innovation and energy is important to us, and allows us to be the industry leaders we are.
In addition to salary, NATS offers a range of excellent benefits which includes 26 days leave, increasing to 28 days after 1 years’ service plus statutory leave and a top class contributory DC pension scheme.