I am currently recruiting for a 6 month fixed term maternity cover Policy Adviser with a regulator.
You will be involved in:
- Policy: Contributing to or leading specific reviews of regulatory and policy issues;
- Evidence: Developing the evidence base to analyse and develop new policy including supporting the management of research;
- Briefing: Drafting policy papers, reports and briefings for a range of audiences;
- Engagement: Working with regulators, senior team, board members and external stakeholders to support and develop regulatory and policy work;
- Project Management: Supporting or leading project management planning and producing associated documentation;
- Regulatory: Working with approved regulators considering making applications to the regulator and analysing applications against specified criteria for approval. Supporting our work on assessing the performance of approved regulators, developing action plans for improvement and monitoring progress;
- Enforcement: Supporting enforcement action where appropriate.
- Ability to identify and deploy relevant evidence to reach sound conclusions;
- Ability to drive intellectually complex issues to a firm conclusion with appropriate recommendations;
- Excellent drafting skills – able to write complex policy analysis and consultation documents in an accessible manner that can withstand heavy legal scrutiny;
- Capable of maintaining strong, robust and influential relationships with approved regulators and other stakeholders;
- Able to organise and deliver work in accordance with strict processes and timetable and within legal and regulatory framework;
- Strong commitment to equalities and diversity as both a colleague and regulator;
- Good organisational and computer skills including use of MS Office suite.
It is likely that you will have a background in one or more of: Regulation and/or competition, Public policy, Consumer policy, Economics, Law or the wider legal services market, Performance measurement, Compliance management.