A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Policy Advisor with a Professional Body. You will:
- Keep up to date with developments in the relevant area so that advice is informed, timely and responsive;
- Build and maintain effective relationships within the organisation (including members of relevant Boards and Committees), practitioner groups and also external stakeholders to understand current and emerging issues;
- Identify, develop, and implement influencing and lobbying strategies and activities to advance policy objectives;
- Provide accessible advice, information and support for members, through publications, web-based and social media and events;
- Work together with colleagues to provide input to communications and lobbying work, technical support and material for other services as appropriate.
What we're looking for:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of policy development;
- Experience of working in a complex public policy environment;
- The credibility to work with external stakeholders;
- Strong intellectual skills.